Sunday, May 3, 2009

Radio Ephemera

In 2008 I entered a short audio item competition called ‘Radio Ephemera’ run by the Third Coast Festival in Chicago in collaboration with the Prelinger Library. You can find all the entries here.
I made two entries which made had to be in part inspired by ephemeral books in the Prelinger Library. I didn’t win but I got a nice T-Shirt, some stickers and dental equipment all of which was more than I was expecting.

The Great Tree Strike of 1934
Description: A record of one of the most significant cultural events of New Zealand's forgotten history.
Inspired by: The Big Strike / Trees as Good Citizens
Stranger: Lance, who was waiting for Lily.

Why Question the Facts?
Description: A tired teen talks in the second worst recording device he has.
Inspired by: Trailer Ahoy! / The Stork Didn't Bring You!
Stranger: Those who could be coerced into answering a weird question by a stranger.

No comments: